Monday, June 1, 2009

Wordsmiths Local #101 Accepting New Members

So, I pulled the ol' vehicle in for a fill-up in Bellevue, Ohio, yesterday and was greeted to another treat for language-consumed folks like myself. Maybe there is a reason why gas was SO much less expensive here. Clearly there is either a shortage of wordsmiths in marketing/signage design departments, there are no proofreaders left in this world OR there is just a shortage of people who care about language, meaning, redundancy or the like. Unfortunately, I know the answer to that one, I just may not choose to accept it yet.
I'm adding this cause to my growing list that already contains adding last names for tropical storms and saving the art of the hand-written note by purchasing, writing and sending as many note cards as I physically can. Won't you put a little pen ink and brain power to these causes for me?
As a footnote for this...I really LOVE funny business signs and I have several photos I have taken through the years of signs that have nearly caused me to get in an accident when I saw them while driving. I will find some good ones and post them for you. If you have any of your own (unaltered photos only), please send them to me at amy@aha4creative.com with a story about where they are from and I will gladly post them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment