Tuesday, June 9, 2009

When I grow up...

Someday, when I grow up, I'd love to have a swell catering business so I can make my creations for everyone and watch as they enjoy the yummy flavors I've put together. In addition, I'd have beautiful floral creations on every table, created by me, of course. I guess both of those career "aspirations" come from the creativity in my brain. I can't help it.
I had the distinct pleasure to meet someone in my dream job recently. Her beautiful creations, designs, colors and fragrances graced the scenery and set the mood at the "Veils & Cocktails" event I attended at Leonardo's Bridal Boutique in Rocky River, Ohio, a few weeks ago. It was a gorgeous event, and, it had been so long since I had seen so many beautiful bridal gowns, sparkles and lace in one place. Having busy kids means I don't find myself in places like bridal boutiques very often.
I was so glad to sit and catch up with the owner of HeatherLily, floral and event designers in Cleveland. AMAZING is all I can say of her work. I was so jealous and told her so....she wished she could be a graphic designer (no one ever says that and actually MEANS it). It was so fun to discuss our creative perspectives on our jobs, as she had just recently been through a full suite of branding, identity, print and web design pieces for her business. She had an interesting perspective that only those who've been through it from start to finish--the whole she-bang, so to speak--have about designers and the creative process it takes to get where you haven't been before. Very insightful.
Mostly, I was just wishing I could have all those beautiful flowers and accessories in one room so I could put together my own floral masterpiece. Then, when I returned home, I checked out her web site and would HIGHLY suggest you do the same. The photos of her events and locations are absolutely stunning. Make sure you checkout HeatherLily and the portfolio of her productions of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment