Thursday, June 11, 2009

The State of Perfect Balance: from Senators on Pac-Man to kids on roller coasters


While Ohio's own Sen. George Voinovich was standing before a giant poster of Pac-Man and the ghosties to describe the national debt (see the video here), I had the distinct pleasure today to attend a town hall meeting/seminar by the lovely Ohio Department of Tourism. It was a really interesting session, about some new partnerships for tourism industry folks and, the reason I was there, a whole new foray into the social media pond. I was so interested to find out about the new social media angle and the recognition of the importance of the "young transitionals" demographic, that I did not know about the other ground-breaking development I would find out about at the meeting.
There is an amazing new resource, unparalleled by anything I can find offered in other states, for anyone in Ohio with a tourism-based business or those thinking about creating one. The new Ohio Tourism Toolbox is a joint venture among the Ohio Dept. of Tourism, The Ohio State University Extension and the Ohio SeaGrant Program. It includes all kinds of industry-specific resources, tools, business resources, educational opportunities and academic research--all free.
I wanted to make sure I shared this with you as soon as possible because I know there are tons of you out there who can use and really need the information provided by this site. I'm not sure how they're planning to get the word out to the small business owners in Ohio who rely on reaching those precious gems called tourists, but I'd like to do my part. If you'd like to check out the Tourism Toolbox, please click here. If you want to hear about any of the other things being done to keep it fresh for tourism marketing here in Ohio, drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment