Wednesday, June 3, 2009

More reassuring tones


I must begin this flog by telling you I found out this week that one of you has actually attended the annual Duct Tape Festival in Avon, Ohio. Wow, I'm ecstatic! I really wish I had some photos to share with all of you, so, if you attend this year you must really take your camera or camera phone and get some photos to share with all of us. I don't think I will be able to attend that weekend, or I surely would be there.
Now, back on the topic at hand...I have heard from several of you about the interesting logo article in the NY Times. It was insightful and, no, it doesn't mean you should panic and redo that logo you've been using through the tests of time. A full logo/image redesign should be entered with caution and isn't for everyone. Nonetheless, the trends of large corporations to disassociate themselves with the "look" of a big corporation is an interesting thing to note.
It was fitting that after the logo article, I sat down this week to catch up on some design news and have been reading, investigating and thinking a lot about the annual fashion and design color forecast. It is always my favorite time of year to think about color forecasting into the future, but, more importantly, I really like thinking about all the factors that go into the new color scheme and how it comes about. This is definitely a year for less flashy, more toned-down colors and designs. However, we are still in the year of Mimosa, if you'll remember an old flog entry of mine, which is the color of the year for 2009. The warm, encouraging, happy color of yellow to brighten our spirits in 2009. If you'd like to read the 2009 Color Report by Pantone, please click here or on the image above. And I can tell you that I'm a big fan of Warm Olive, Majolica Blue, Iron and Steeple Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment