Thursday, February 26, 2009

Obsession du jour


Decking out this new office has been so much fun. However, anyone who comes in just notices the wall-to-wall window view over top the downtown and into the bay and Cedar Point. The décor is mostly for my own creative inspiration, and I have made the space that fits the bill. It is such a great working environment and I still welcome all those who have not made the trek through the icy sidewalks to come visit. Feel free to wait until spring when you can actually wander downtown and take in the sights and sounds of budding trees, dry sidewalks and seagulls galore. I've already had several seagulls look me in the eye as they float past my window...it is really something to be at their eye level up on the 6th floor.

Anyway, the seagulls are a digression from what I really wanted to share here. In my long, arduous quest for just the right fit for the empty walls in my retro building, I came across something I am just in love with. Of course, it is my newest obsession, and I am sure you're shocked by that. Maybe it's because they are created by designers of all styles--funky, beautiful, creative and artsy. Maybe the black bookshelves and books just fit the style of this office. Maybe I'm just a dorky designer with a penchant for new, cool and trendy décor that goes outside the frame. Maybe I just want to put funky decals everywhere—in my drawers, on my file folders, all over my cat, on my mailbox, on my driveway....okay, I'll stop.

You'll see my faux bookshelves and stacked books in the photo here. You'll also see the cool "gears of creativity," as I have deemed them in 603. If you want to get some rockin' wall decals for yourself, then make sure you check out blik surface graphics for some awesome decorating ideas if you like to go a bit outside the ordinary in your home or office. I'm still working on where some of these are going in my house because they WILL be going somewhere. The tone on tone color combinations with colored walls are stunning. I just knew there was something for those of us who hate wallpaper. It just took far too long to find it! My dorm room at 429 Boyd and the creepy house on Mound Street really needed these.

No comments:

Post a Comment