Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Paper Zen

It has been a busy few weeks here at aha creative, with lots of fun projects and several new clients diving into the creative pool. If you're feeling buried in work or stressed out from tight deadlines, I have found the perfect artistic and Zen-like outlet for you.
When I came across the Instant Origami site, I was first thinking about my grandmother. She was the true artist in my family, across a number of media. My favorite works of hers are the most intricate and detailed pieces she did. Her painted Christmas sugar cookies were favorites among people I meet who knew her and received them as gifts; they were freehand-painted works of art and (despite the fact that they were also delicious) they were saved and rarely eaten. The cookies were not my favorite of her works, though. I loved her origami and paper creations. She and I used to sit and create intricately folded paper animals and objects. She created full-framed scenes made from cut, curled, rolled, folded and glued paper. Origami still makes me think of spending time with her, learning how to cut, fold and curl tiny strips of paper into amazing designs and scenes.
On that note....make sure you take a moment and check out the calm and serene of watching someone create works like "The Mask" and "The Octopus" on Instant Origami. Please let me know if you enjoyed the peacefulness of it as much as I did....

No comments:

Post a Comment