Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Leave the camera at home

The last week has been filled with some odd occurrences, for certain. The topper on the cake was a lesson I learned on Monday......I'll set the scene for you: it was a very sunny, yet cool afternoon as I was leaving my office. I was thinking about how nice it would be to try to get a photo of the outside of my building, now that spring had sprung. Something you may not know about me is that I love architectural photos; I'm drawn to photos of building tops, corners, windows, doors, close-ups of interesting building elements. Oddly enough, there was a maintenance/repair person taking some close-up photos of the building just as I came outside the door. There must have been a light out or something near the door. Oh, and did I mention that Homeland Security resides in my building? Well, needless to say, the man with the camera was surrounded by a bevy of U.S. Homeland Security officers in just moments. It's nice to know I'm secure and sound, but I will prepare for an altercation when I bring my camera.
In honor of the oddities of the week, I wanted to share this advertisement I found. It is a massive floor sticker in a shopping mall in Jakarta, Indonesia. Viewed from levels above, all those people moving through the mall look like fleas moving around an itchy dog. I like it....can you imagine seeing that in an upscale mall in the U.S.? It is a funny thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment