Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's a disease

Advertising, at least when it becomes a plague on your brain, is a sickness. Those of us who live it, breathe it and can't avoid it (even when we want to) should probably be quarantined and sent to live on an island filled with peeling billboards, road signs, hand-made posters and crappy restaurant menus. Unfortunately, we become a menace to those around us and, eventually, infect them with this disease of mock and critique of life while we live it.

And I quote, from my daughter in the car this morning while she was browsing the first American Girl doll catalog I've ever let her see, "Mom, why is every person smiling in this catalog? Do they want me to like them and the dolls so I buy them?" She's three years old. Enough said. There's no hope left for my family...

No comments:

Post a Comment