Thursday, March 26, 2009

Paper will always live



Sometime soon I'm going to take an entire month and read a book a day. Maybe you can help me plan out my reading list. Feel free to submit ideas. I would definitely need a good ratio of fiction to non-fiction, but would love to get some suggestions. I love books. I love time. Sometime I will have time to read lots and lots and lots of books.
My favorite interior design element is lighting. It can completely make or break a space. Thus, the recent post I had about compact fluorescent lighting. I can't handle it; I think it literally makes my skin crawl. That's no exaggeration. I tend to buy too many lamps. I have to really restrain myself when I see some great lighting on sale. I already have moved things around to fit too many lamps in some small spaces and have a few too many lights in storage. However, I'm still looking for the perfect lighting situation for above my counter/stove in my kitchen....I need a trip to a decent lighting store. But I'd surely be a kid in a candy store and would need to go with someone who could restrain my purchases to the urgent need at hand.
I found a fantastic design shop in The Netherlands that makes beautiful lighting from books. Wow....what a marriage of function, love and beauty. Okay, that may be a bit dramatic, but I'm certain my friends Mandy (the author) and Michelle (the librarian) will appreciate the aesthetic joy of these; they definitely give a new meaning to reading lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment