Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Taking it to the next level

It's the new year....fresh snow, fresh hope and fresh resolutions.  This year I've decided I'm going to make this flog a priority.  Whether you still want to tune in....well, that's to be determined!  I promise to share as many helpful tidbits and creative inspirations as I can in 2010.  It seems to me every business needs a booster shot this year, or at least that's what we're being fed from the big dogs.  I don't take this lightly and I've really been doing my homework on finding information that will really help you market yourself and your business.
There are so many things in the works here at aha creative, that I can hardly contain myself (but, for your sake I'll try) and I look forward to sharing these new developments soon.
Today, I want to share a success story and tips to recreate it for yourself.  A client of mine just recently told me how she finally took my advice and sent out hand-written holiday/thank-you-for-your business cards.  She took the time to hand write a personal note to each and every one of her clients.  The work she does for her clients is mostly virtual, in fact, she has only met a few of her clients in person.  Sometimes we all forget that email, facebook, LinkedIn, mail, texting, tweeting and faxes leave a cold and impersonal touch on the business day.  I've been telling her (probably more times than she wanted to hear) that good, personal communication with clients and thanking them sincerely for their business can create so much goodwill that it translates into loyal, happy, lifelong customers and clients.
Needless to say, she now believes me.  She made a point to let me know that about 20% of her clients picked up the phone to thank her for the personal notes.  20%!  Simple, handwritten notes of honest gratitude....remember that, people!  Think about the return on investment of some generic holiday cards and postage.
For a few more suggestions along this line, I hope you will download and read my new download, Thank you. Thank you very much., which is the first download available in the aha creative learning resources library.  Many more documents and resources are in development right now, so check back often to see new creative resources to help you and your business!

No comments:

Post a Comment