Friday, January 15, 2010

Creative deadzone? Not exactly....


Sometimes I feel like I'm in the middle of a bit of a creative deadzone (at least in respect to creative cultural and interesting artistic events and happenings, like independent film showings, modern art, museum exhibitions, high quality public speakers, etc.)  Toledo and Cleveland both have world-class quality art museums that offer wonderful special events and exhibits; but I'm smack dab in the middle of the two of them and not particularly close to either.  One of my current clients, the Port Clinton Artists Club is bringing some wonderful workshops and artists to the area, including an event this weekend (see www.portclintonartists.com).  They are trying to get me to join, but I'm not much of a visual artist when it comes to paints, charcoal, pencil, crayon or anything else that requires me to leave my safe haven of the computer mouse and tablet.  At least, I should say, right now I'm not much of an artist without my technology; someday I would love to have more time for painting and creative visual expression that is outside my comfort zone.

I do make it a point to get to as many events as I can at the Cleveland Museum of Art, where I am a member.  In my recent e-newsletter they showcased a film screening that is coming up on January 27, 2010.  I have never seen a photography exhibit I didn't enjoy, and my love of architectural design grows by the day.  This screening, of a film about the amazing works of Julius Shulman, looks like an amazing showcase of his talent and brilliant eye.  Make sure you check out the trailer here and the info about the Cleveland screening here.  I am hoping it works out that I can make it to the screening, so if any flog readers want to meet up there, just drop me a note at amy@aha4creative.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment