Thursday, April 8, 2010

In honor of old-school day at aha creative...

I have deemed today to be old-school day at aha creative.  The waters of Sandusky Bay are rolling by, white cap by white cap, and I have decided to make today "manual" work day, getting back to my creative roots.  I've handwritten the first draft of a client's newsletter with scribbly pen ON PAPER, the elevator isn't working so it's 6 floors up and down on the stairs, and I have just assembled a cute little mini paper cut & paste mock-up of an idea/project I've been working on recently.  What fun!  As is typical, you probably think I'm a little nutty for getting giddy about that kind of work--but it's inspirational and sends me back to my days as an entry-level graphic designer.  Okay, this is WAY more fun, but sliding the keyboard away is good for all of us once in a while.

To honor this old-school mantra, I am sharing the fun little tool that currently tops my most-wanted list.  And, no, it's not the iPad.  Of course that's on the list, but I didn't really think I wanted or needed an iPod at first either....  Right now I would just love to get my hands on 2010's answer to the ultimate old-school rebel-rousing device:  The Polaroid Instant Camera. 

Have you seen the modern version—the Fuji Instax Mini Instant Camera?  Wowie...here it is.  Doesn't it even just look modern and cool on the outside?  I imagine that nice white exterior could cause a little problem with late-night diner photo sessions or crazy mud-sliding teens at Lollapalooza, but hey, it will look good for a while.  This thing looks just great, pumping out cute little credit-card sized mini prints for the crazy middle-schooler in all of us.  

And in case you want to buy it, I'm sending to you a store I found that I've just fallen in love with-the Photojojo store.  It's a magical must-see for everyone who likes photography (even if you're like me and don't have much time for it).   Make SURE you check out the sweet jelly camera phone filters.  I have to get some of those for certain.  Happy snapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment