Thursday, July 16, 2009

Identi-what?

Apparently, today is the day of the informative email. I received another good one I just MUST share with all of you. If you've ever spent a few moments talking with me about the fundamentals and foundation of successful image work, you'll know that it all starts with the properly planned, well-thought-out, market-appropriate and unique identity.

The email I received today just slaps that all in the face....and to that I say, ha! Try a cookie-cutter approach and see how well that works out for you. I will not name the gigantic corporation that sent this email, but PLEASE. Get real.

And I quote....

"Easily create a professional brand identity with free templates
Incorporate color into your business cards, letterhead, envelopes, and other collateral to further promote your brand with our free, customizable business identity suites."

FREE TEMPLATES! Identity in the format of a template? Seriously.
Identity Template = Oxymoron

No comments:

Post a Comment