Tuesday, January 6, 2009

That's what I get for trying to be a productive citizen before coffee

It’s just 8:30 am and it’s already one of those days where I feel like I’ve been sucker-punched by advertising messages. The first hit came from a billboard I drive past every day when I go to the office. It has been slowly changing and building up to the final version that is now up and I’m trying to get some artwork on that, so I will keep you posted. I hope they will share with me so I can post it here for all of you—it really was a good use of the billboard message in many ways, so I will let you know once I have heard back.
The second hit came when I went past a bar (known for the occasional shooting, thus, no photo) and on their marquee it reads “Reality Stops Here.” Boy, does it ever. I don’t know what else I can say about that.
And the final blow came when I made a quick stop at the gas station for a bottle of fruit juice to start the day, pre-coffee. The delivery truck for a local meat packer was just parking. Sausage really is one of those things I can’t think too much about or I just couldn’t eat even the little bit that I do. However, I’m not sure I’d choose the phrase “Meat type pork” to advertise my product. Maybe that’s just me, pre-coffee. I can accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment